Wessington Springs Elementary School students are celebrating American Heart Association month by taking part in a jump rope challenge during P.E. beginning Monday, February 25 - Friday, March 1. Students will rotate between five stations working on jump rope-themed ideas. Families and Community members can make a free will donation with money raised going towards the school’s Fresh Fruit & Vegetable Program.
Stations will include:
• Long jump ropes - how many jumps can you do in a row?
• Short jump ropes - how many jumps can you get in a row?
• Long Jump - how far can you jump?
• Jump rope tricks - students will follow along in a jump rope video to see how many of the tricks they can do.
• Hurdle jumping - students will jump over kid friendly hurdles.